Saturday, May 9, 2009

Long Run May 9


This was my first official long outside run. I usually run on a treadmill but I knew I better start training outside. It's a lot harder for a lot of different reasons. Of course there is the weather, the terrain, and the hills. But that's not the only reason it is harder. When you are on a treadmill, you are stationary - you don't have to propel your body forward, and that takes more energy. For this run, I ran down to a local highschool so that I could run on the track - but it was all locked up. So, I had to improvise. I felt pretty good on this run, but got a bad headache afterward. This was also my first run with my Garmin 405 watch that I got for Mother's Day. It gives you the kind of data (and a whole lot more) that a treadmill would give you - distance, pace, speed, etc. It's really fun to know all of that information when you are running outside - it's a great motivation.

May 9th run on Garmin Connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment