Saturday, August 15, 2009

August 15th long run

Today my challenge was to run 13 miles. Since my previous long run had been 12 miles I didn't think it would be much harder. For some reason it was! There were 2 trails that I had run on before. According to an article in the paper, there was a way for them to connect up - you just had to go off trail for a little bit and follow some railroad tracks. I did get a little lost trying to connect the trails - and that probably got my rhythm off a little bit. I also had taken some ibuprofen earlier to help with some aches and pains - I think this made my stomach hurt. The last couple of miles I was walking a lot and in a lot of pain. Hopefully my half goes better! It took me about 2:40 to run 13 miles. My average pace was 12:22. I am shooting for 2:30 or under for the race.



August 15th long run

No comments:

Post a Comment