Saturday, August 29, 2009

Final Long Run

My final long run was on August 29th. Since it was just a little over a week before the race, I only ran 10 miles. I started at the park where the race starts and ran on part of (what I think) the course will be. This was a pretty good run. It actually felt much easier to run 10 miles. I can tell that I have improved a lot since the beginning of this process. I finished with a my best long run pace ever - 11:25 min/mile. I'm not sure what the actual race will be like (being 3 miles longer), but I hope to try and keep that pace. For this run, I was able to keep up that pace for the whole time - sometimes I will slow each mile, with the last few miles being really slow. I wish I had the answer as to why I run out of steam sometimes.



I love running outside now. Each mile seems to pass by quickly. Now when I run on the treadmill it seems to drag on forever - even just running 3 miles is like torture. It used to be the opposite - I thought running outside was so much harder. It does take more effort, but it is worth it.

Sometimes I feel like I haven't adequately prepared for the race. Like I should have run more or started earlier. I hope that I am prepared for race day. All in all, I am proud of what I have accomplished. We'll see if I ever want to do it again...

Garmin Connect Data

No comments:

Post a Comment