Saturday, June 6, 2009

Long Run June 6

This was supposed to be a 9 mile run. I had a course all plotted out on mapmyrun.com and downloaded into my watch. You can put in a target pace for the run, and it will tell you if you are behind or a head of your goal - pretty cool. I stayed on the pace for the first hour - then I hit a huge hill and it was killing me! My heart rate was at my AT and I was barely chugging along. After that, I was pretty wiped out. I had to add a lot more walking breaks and didn't end up finishing the whole course. I went 7.58 miles. I think part of the problem is that I did an hour long step class yesterday. I guess I should really just rest the day before a long run - I think it does make a big difference. Oh, also it has been the warmest weather yet this season - I think it was between 70-75 degrees. Jeff Galloway says you should slow down if it's above 60 degrees, about 30 seconds per mile for every 5 degrees. That could have made a difference as well.

Garmin Connect June 6 Run

1 comment:

  1. Great idea Amanda. Your doing amazing. 8 miles is a long ways...
    Good Luck. I'm running on a relay team this weekend. We run in the Sawtooth Mountains. I have two 5 mile stretches. Scott told the team my expected mile splits. He was very generous with his numbers. Now the pressure is on. I am really nervous. I hope you are adjusting to your new home. It is beautiful! Change is sometimes great and sometimes really hard. This year it has been really hard for us. I am grateful for many things though.

    ReplyDelete